The current job market is like nothing we have ever seen before. Every company is fighting to find the best talent. The candidates are out there but they have a multitude of options to choose from. What makes a company stand out to candidates? How do you get your job post recognized in the plethora of options available?
We posted a position on a Wednesday and had over 200 applications in less than 6 hours, then over 400 in the next 40 hours. The position has been up for a week and the current number of candidates in the pipeline is over 900 and the post had over 7,000 views. So how did we do it? Here are three things you can do to attract candidates and get your roles filled quickly.
Reconsider your requirements for being on-site/in-office.
We all know this, candidates are reevaluating their views on coming into an office. They are questioning, what is the point? They feel they have proven they can do their job from home and they want the flexibility that remote or hybrid work provides for their work/life balance. They don’t want to sit in traffic for an hour or more just to sit at a desk. Take time to evaluate the position and if it can be done remotely or at a minimum on a hybrid schedule, let candidates know.
This will immediately increase the number of candidates in your pipeline. The position we had open was a Senior Level Director position but it was completely remote.
Get creative when you are talking about the position, the opportunity and your company culture.
Candidates are looking at hundreds of job postings. Most look like a job template that was copied and pasted as a generic description. You have to make your role stand out. Are the responsibilities clear? Tell them why they would want this position, then tell them what kind of candidate you are looking for.
Talk about your culture in a way that paints a picture for the candidate of what it would be like to work for your company. Help them see themselves in the position before they even apply and they will be connected to you and you will stand out in the crowd.
Call Mackin…or removing our obvious bias, find a great talent partner to help you in this competitive market.
Recruitment is what we do, day in and day out. Recruitment firms have all the tools needed to make sure your position shows up in front of the right candidates. They have specialized recruiters dedicated to your account and knowledgeable about the industry in which you are hiring. Not to mention, they can be a huge help to your internal recruitment and HR team.
They are not competition for your internal team, they are a partner that keeps your internal team from getting overwhelmed and burnt out. Yes, there is an additional cost, but if you can have over 900 applicants in less than a week, how much cost savings do you have by being able to quickly fill your positions? Not just the current opening, but future openings as well.
If you are struggling to find placements for your open roles, this list can help you break through the noise in the current job market and attract top candidates. We also welcome the opportunity at Mackin to help you with your candidate search. We offer a wide range of services including:
- RPO - Recruitment outsourcing where we become your recruitment partner
- SOW-Vendor managed services to help support a specific project or department on a short or long-term basis. Examples include engineering support, marketing support, lab support, and logistics.
- Contingent workers - short-term or project-based workers to help during demanding times to supplement existing staff
- Workforce Planning - Not sure what kind of support you need? We can help you figure that out while also advising on succession planning and attrition.
- Employer Branding - What picture are you painting for candidates on what it is like to work for your company? This, more than ever, has a huge impact on which jobs they apply for. Candidates are doing their research, looking at reviews, and asking current employees what it is like to work for your company. Businesses need to keep a close eye on their employer branding and make sure the company and culture are accurately represented.
Explore Opportunities with Mackin
Visit our website at mackintalent.com to view our services and learn more about us and our company values. Then reach out to us and schedule a free call to talk through your needs and how Mackin can help!